Rutland Railroad Depot Renderingx

Reed & Stem Architect’s Rendering of the Rutland Railroad Depot:  The Depot, built in 1853, was designed by Gurdon P. Randall, a Vermont born architect who later practiced in Chicago.  Reed & Stem Architects, a well-known national firm who designed Grand Central Station in NYC, was not established until 1891, long after the Rutland Depot was designed and built.

New & Upcoming Projects

Here are a few projects our volunteers are working on.  If you are willing or interested to help with any, or learn more about them, please contact us!

  • Indexing the Rutland Herald biographical clippings and photos
  • Updating our main floor exhibits and layout
  • Sorting, organizing, and cataloging items
  • Digitizing collections for upload to our website
  • Cataloging our library of books
  • Painting our exterior woodwork & signs


VPR Photo

Vermont Public Radio interviews Rutland Historical Society about our work to share Rutland's history.

Updates in our Image Galleries

Click the album below to view new additions to our online Image Gallery

Historic Rutland Buildings
Louis Brehmer Photos From Stereographs
Rutland City 1920's Photos
Rutland Industrial Buildings - 1950s
Images of Rutland’s Past from Glass Plate Negatives