The dominant religion in the early town of Rutland was Congregational. The first congregation was initiated in 1773 in the central portion of the town. By 1784, a group in the eastern part of the town split from the original congregation. In 1787 the town was divided into an east parish and a west parish. The Church Records page includes the records, minutes and private pages of both parishes.
If you are looking for an individual name, check ALL the records for each parish. Numerous people did not associate with either parish. After 1800, other churches organized. Following are typescripts of the early Congregational Church Records. These documents “may not” be fully searchable given the font type used during this time period.
West Parish First Congregational Church Records (1773 – 1881)
East Parish Congregational Church Minutes (1788 – 1852)
East Parish Congregational Church Records (1797 – 1870)
East Parish Congregational Church Records (1809 – 1891)
East Parish Congregational Church Records (1870 – 1923)
East Parish Congregational Church Private Papers (Marriages and Funerals) (1913 – 1922)