www.rutlandhistory.com

Dr. George Marshall Lantern Slide Collection

Dr. George Marshall, his wife Mary Batcheller Marshall, and their daughters Isabell and Ginny (Virginia) lived at 86 N. Main St. in Rutland. Dr. Marshall had the house built in 1906 and lived there until the 1940s. The house was recently featured in the 2012 Spring Issue of Rutland Magazine. Daughter Isabell, born in 1904, lived until 2005. She was a Life member of the Rutland Historical Society and donated her father’s lantern slides to the Society. The pictures were taken in the early part of the 20C and include family photos, outdoor scenes - many of local mountains, and local flora and fauna. Some of the slides have been colored to make them even more beautiful.

31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45